Monday 12 April 2021

What this blog is about

I have a blog at https://fliesandflowers.blogspot.com/ which isn't really a blog. It is a summary of my photographic journey from 2007, and it only needs updating occasionally. In contrast, I'm going to try a more normal blog here. 

I'll take it post by post and see where, if anywhere, it leads. I'm sure that I will talk about photographing invertebrates and botanical subjects, which is what I mostly photograph, but quite probably other subjects that I tackle less frequently such as common birds in flight. 

And perhaps not just photographic images; possibly some "transformations" of photos into the look of paintings, solarisations and perhaps even HDR monstrosities. Single images, diptych, triptych, collage. I rarely do any of this sort of thing, but that gets to the point of this blog. I want somewhere I feel I have freedom to write about whatever I like, however I like. 

And that is another issue. I tend to write long and detailed. That is what I'm comfortable with. But a lot of people aren't and that shows up in forums from time to time, and for everyone that actually says something about it I'm sure there are plenty of others who are thinking along similar lines. That in turn leads me to self-censor. I want somewhere I can be free of that.

As to the "whatever I like", perhaps I will include some things that aren't directly (or perhaps even indirectly) about image-making. Perhaps it will end up being about something else entirely. Or perhaps it will quickly die. 

I have no idea. It is an experiment. Will there even be a second post?

We'll see. 

Or not. 🙂


No comments:

Post a Comment